Free Tools to test your website performance
The speed of a website is the most important factor for its overall success. Search engine algorithms rank websites based on certain factors out of which page loading time is an important factor that affects the ranking of a website. Website visitors leave your site in a hurry if your web pages take too long to load.
Faster loading websites can benefit from higher SEO rankings, higher conversion rates, lower bounce rates, better overall user experience and engagements. It doesn’t matter what online business you have, a faster site is going to work better.
We know it’s difficult to decide how best to test your website.
We have compiled a list of free website speed test tools available for you to get started on. If you need help please reach out to us at email@example.com.
DID YOU KNOW THAT GOOGLE WANTS YOUR SITE TO LOAD IN LESS THAN A SECOND !
Here are some free tools to evaluate your site’s speed and overall performance:
1. Google PageSpeed Insights
- URL: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
- Description: Google PageSpeed Insights is a website speed test tool that grades your website on a scale of 1 – 100. The higher the number the better optimized your site is. Websites that load quickly on mobile devices will get higher scores as users generally browse the internet over their mobile phones.
- Conclusion: This website is incredibly simple to use. Results on Google PageSpeed matter more than many other tools. This is because Google creates algorithms for website ranking and therefore, the results displayed on Google have a high importance and should be taken seriously.
2. Pingdom Tools
- URL: https://tools.pingdom.com/
- Description: Pingdom is a free online tool for speed testing of the website. The navigation on the website is nice and simple. The results are divided into four sections:
- Performance grade
- Page size
- Website load time
- Conclusion: The tool displays your website’s performance grade out of 100. It compares your website’s performance to other sites checked on this platform. The results of ‘page size’ and ‘requests’ are divided by domain and content type. Also, it gives suggestion on how to improve the page performance which provides you deep insights clearly defined to address problems.
- URL: https://gtmetrix.com/
- Description: GTmetrix is a user-friendly tool that will allow you to test your website for free as well as download the report. The report consists of two main sections: Performance Score and Page Details. Performance Score mainly includes:
- PageSpeed score: This displays the overall page speed in grades. Further, the report shows more detail for page speed such as priority level, type and recommendation for the same.
- YSlow score: Mainly deals with the front-end of the website structure, loading time, size of the page and request numbers.
- Conclusion: Page Details consists of the waterfall graphical representation of the time your webpage takes to load with an option to expand the data for proper diagnostics.
4. Sucuri Load Time Tester
- URL: https://performance.sucuri.net/
- Description: Sucuri is a well-known security plugin for WordPress. This tool offers valuable insights on the website page load time, performance, data based on location, etc. Sucuri has provides security software as well that prevents your website from security threats.
- Conclusion: The Load Time Tester by Sucuri displays test from more than 15 locations and shows you grades based on each location for your website.
- URL: https://www.uptrends.com/tools/website-speed-test
- Description: Uptrends is pretty basic but they do offer over 35 locations to choose from when running your speed test. Their report is broken up into two sections, a waterfall breakdown and domain groups.
- Conclusion: The domain groups offers a unique perspective as it categorizes the resources into different sources: 1st party, statistics, CDN, social, ads, first party overall, and third party overall.
- URL: https://www.dareboost.com/en/analysis
- Description: DareBoost presents explanations in a unique way. Tool requires you to create a free account to start using it. This platform lets you check 5 websites for free, and then you need to buy it to keep using it. Just put in your website link, choose test locations you prefer and start your site performance test.
- Conclusion: This website provides great insights into performance and loading speed of your website.
- URL: https://www.dotcom-tools.com/website-speed-test.aspx
- Description: Dotcom-tools is highly robust page speed test tool. Unlike many other tools, this offers test from 24 locations. A user can run a test from more than one location at a time. It also gives the option to run a test from seven different browsers.
- Conclusion: The speed test reports are split into five different parts: Detailed Summary, Performance, Host, Errors, Fast/ Slow Elements, Waterfall Chart. The waterfall chart will show the flow of your website.
- URL: https://www.webpagetest.org
- Description: WebPageTest is an excellent website performance track tool to check the speed of your site. This is one of the most trusted and dependable website speed testing platforms. The tool provides accurate results to give you specific action points to consider.
- Conclusion: This tool provides custom settings to the users every time they initiate a WebPage test. There are real browser options you can choose from Firefox, Chrome, IE 11. Choose location option will let you conduct the test from different locations and choose mobile devices will show you how your website performs on different mobile platforms.
9. Varvy Pagespeed Optimization
- URL: https://varvy.com/pagespeed/
10. Yellow Lab Tools
- URL: https://yellowlab.tools/
- Conclusion: Get a global score based on the following qualifiers.
- Page weight
- Bad CSS
- Server Config